Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hello Cupcake!

Hello.  Welcome to my new blog--try # 2.  I have had so much fun writing for lilly and the brothers, that I decided I wanted to create another blog where I could focus on some of my other interests.  After 2 posts on the new blog, and then more than a month of languishing with no others, I realized I needed to change something.    So, here we go again.

I love to take photographs.  This year my husband gave me my first "real" camera, and it has changed my life.  For the first time I can take the photos I have seen in my brain, the kind of photos I just could not achieve with my little 35 mm point and shoot.  I have a zoom lens now.  And let me tell you, all I want ta do is a zoom, zoom, zoom.  

Every day I try to take at least 1 photo that I am proud of.  One that gives me pleasure to look at again and again.  That is what this blog is (now) all about.  I will try to post a photo a day.  I will try to make them good.  I will try not to write too much, or else my family might not get dinner.  Here is the first one.  Who wants cupcakes?



I actually took this photo a few months ago, but I couldn't resist starting with it because it is one of the first photos I took that I looked at and felt kind of proud of.  I like this picture.  Also, it's of cupcakes.  Don't you just love cupcakes?  I'm really not a huge fan of cake, but you can give me a cupcake anytime.  They are just cute and fun and they make things feel festive.  I ate these at my daughter Lilly's baby shower and they were delish.  

So thanks for stopping by my new digs.  Maybe next time you could bring cupcakes.    



No comments: