Wednesday, September 21, 2011

About Me





Hi, I'm Greta.
I love morning light and the smell of arugula.
I drink strong coffee with lots of cream and sugar.
Cream.  Never the fake stuff.
Vintage book sales give me a rush.
I think bird watching is really fun.
Mid century modern design is where it's at.
I'd like to become an expert at pie crust and cake baking.
I'm married to an artist.
We have 4 little kids.
I stay home with them, and teach them at home, too.
You can read about that part of my life on my other blog, Lilly and The Brothers.

This blog is for the other part of my life.
The part that loves a great vintage find.
The part that loves mid-century design.
The part that loves made from scratch banana bread and homemade tomato soup.
The part that likes to plan parties.
And stops to take pictures of old signs.
The part that is restoring our little 1952 home back to its mid century glory.
The part that buys glass, French, lemonade bottles so she can reuse them for her own lemonade.
The part that takes her camera everywhere she goes and can take 200 pictures in an afternoon.
The part that stays up far too late every night to write about thrift store scores or vintage children's books. 
These are the things that make me smile.


I don't have a lot of spare time, (OK practically none) so instead of watching tv at night I blog.
And while I never get to devote the kind of time to my photography or writing that I' d like to, I am still pleased as can be that my blog has been featured on these other blogs: Apartment Therapy's Ohdeedoh, Shelterrific, Babble, Bake It Pretty and all of you other wonderful bloggers who have linked to me over the years.  
Keep it up.  It makes my day.

I'm glad to share the little things in life that bring me joy.
Thanks for being here.

Love from,
Greta

*View my profile here*

3 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

hello, greta;)

i am brimming with joy, giddy even, about meeting you this weekend! xo

sweet paul said...

Hi
You won the giveaway on sweet paul blog.
Please send us your name and address and a mag will be in the mail.

AnneB said...

I love your blog, and I also blog at night instead of watching TV. Don't miss TV a bit! I wish it was easier to follow people on Blogger (i'm over at wordpress). But I will try!