Monday, December 14, 2009

2 Sites to Share: Kiddie Records Weekly & Pup and Pony Press

When I was little, I had this record player. My grandma supplied my brother and I with countless records she picked up at the thrift store. We spent many, many hours listening to those records. I still remember lots of the stories and songs we listened to over and over again. I can ever remember the pictures on the covers and the design of the record labels.
Just thinking about it makes me want to head to Ebay right now and bid on one of these record players.

Or, I could just head over to this fantastic site here, and listen to some of their free, that's right. free kids' records.
And we have been. A lot.

I highly recommend you go to the site. It's called Kiddie Records Weekly. You can pick from all sorts of records. And all of them are available to listen to for free on your computer. My boys love it.
I love it.
You can even download the art from some of them. And the art is amazing.


And so are the stories. There are so many to choose from. This is one of our recent favorites:

look inside!

I am not very computer savvy, but I would like to figure out if I can download some of these onto my computer and then burn onto a disc. If I could, they would make fantastic gifts for the boys' friends. If that is not doable, or is stealing of some sort, we are happy to just listen to them on our computer and enjoy hundreds of great old stories.

Although, I must say, it just isn't the same as listening to my old record player.
Aren't I too young to be this nostalgic?

-----------------

Now for the other site I am recommending: Pup and Pony Press. Pup and Pony is run by one of Aaron's former professors, who also used to be our neighbor. More importantly, Wendy, Pup and Pony proprietor, is a fabulously talented artist. She has an Etsy store you should check out here. Her cards are all designed and letter pressed in her backyard studio. They are clever and witty and have a vintage look that I love. Like I said, Wendy is a great artist.

You should also check out her blog. It is a look at all sorts of wonderfully designed things: her home, old cars, vintage Fisher Price toys, and a link to Kiddie Records Weekly. Do you see why I like Wendy's blog? We are kindred spirits.

The funny thing is, when I stumbled upon Wendy's blog, I didn't even know that I knew her. But when I read the post about her house, it sort of clicked. I love that about the blogging world. It's a small world after all.

Go check it all out. Who knows what other wonders Wendy might introduce us to?

1 comment:

pupandpony said...

Thanks for the shout out Greta! You should be able to just click on the mp3 links on Kiddie Records Weekly, and it will download automatically. (Are you on a mac? -I don't know about pc...)