Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mid Centry Modern Find: Artist Jenn Ski

I just found about Jenn Ski in my new edition of Atomic Ranch magazine. If you have any kind of love for mid century modern aesthetic, you've got to look at this magazine. It is one of the only magazines I've seen that showcases modern homes that are actually livable. They aren't a Design Within Reach (or Design Out of Reach, as we like to call it) showroom. They are real homes lived in by people who love modern. It is an inspiring read--I always come away with new ideas for the house.
So please, check out their site and then go check out a copy!

But, back to the artist. Jenn Ski.
Here is her web site.
Here is her Etsy shop.
And here are some of her prints:


It's no surprise that I love the owl. Valentines day is coming up......

But I also love this simple, modern botanical. The colors would be perfect in my house!

And this one. I love the pattern, the colors and the how happy it makes me feel.

She has lots more, including cards and paintings at her site and Etsy shop, so I encourage you to go take a look.

I also found her blog to be another fantastic resource for modern inspiration. I spent quite a while looking at it the past few nights. You can find it here.

If you haven't bought from one of the artists I have recommended here, I hope you will make it a New Year's resolution to do so. I hear a lot of people complain about everything being made in China and the various reasons that bothers them. So do something about it! Support an artist who is doing what they love and doing it here. Buy something that no one else has, except maybe me, if my husband would just look at these posts and get the hint!

OK, that is enough preaching for today.
But I do mean it. Buy Handmade!!!!

Greta

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE them. thanks for sharing. great find.