Saturday, September 12, 2009

Little Red Chair

I like little chairs. It is a new like. It started with a little rocking chair I found at a garage sale for $5. It wasn't modern, but it wasn't country, and I could just see my little girl rocking her babies in that chair. I had to get it.

My mom saw it and said, "I have a little chair you can have. It's just sitting in my garage." Well, I can't pass up free. Besides, we are going to restore this darling wooden kitchen for Lilly and give it to her for Christmas, and along with it, I think a table for playing restaurant and dinner time. And what do we need around that table but...little chairs. See how I can justify just about anything? But I digress.
The chair had good bones, but it was a little too shabby chic for me. I wanted bright.
But first, primer.
I used to avoid primer. I don't know why except that I was stupid. "It's one more coat," I thought. Actually it's one less coat. Or more than one. They make a great spray paint primer. I think the grey gives great coverage. Using the spray paint on something like this chair is so much easier than trying to get in the nooks and crannies with a brush.

And then, the color. Fire engine red. Candy apple red. Red dye # 5. Red. Red. Red!
Did you know that I love red?

I think it came out great. I love the color. It adds a shock of color to my living room. As soon as we get their kitchen and table ready to go, the kids can go in your room and have coffee together. And they can sit on this chair!

I've been trying to figure out what else I can paint this color. It is a good thing I married a man who likes bright!
I love this little red chair.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

That chair turned out soo....cute.

Erin McDonald said...

I love it too! So cute! I have a hard time resisting free too! Well at least it is goint to be put to great use!