I believe I have mentioned before a blog called Hula 70. Among other things, Miss Hula takes amazing photographs and writes amazing lists. Being a list girl myself, I am especially drawn to her new project, which is 1 list a week, for a year.
That's 52 lists.
About anything, all sorts of things, and definitely interesting things.
There has been quite a bit of buzz in blog land about Andrea's lists, so I am probably not the first one to straight out copy her and make my own 52 lists.
Here is my plan:
A list a week on anything and everything that is my life. At the end of the year, I will print the lists, and bind them into a book. It will be a quick and simple record of who I am in 2010. I am also going to try to help the boys make lists, or at least James.
As a lifelong, passionate lover of journals, diaries and written keepsakes of all kinds, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love writing these lists.
And reading them in 20 years.
And really, I just love a good project.
So here goes.
LIST NUMBER 1:
THE SOUNDS I LOVE
1. The sound of Lilly reading to herself
2. Listening to the boys talk about girls
3. The little sigh William makes just before he falls asleep
4. The quiet house after everyone goes to bed
5. The way Lilly says, "I lub ewww."
6. Quiet walks on the trail
7. William's screams when he gets tickled
8. James whispering, "you're the best Mommy" when I kiss him goodnight
9. Aaron calling to say "I love you " in the middle of the day
12. Talk radio when everyone falls asleep in the car
13. James Taylor
14. Aaron wrestling with the kids
15. 3 different laughs, laughing in unison
Why don't you make some lists too? Make your own, or do them along with me.
Just be sure to tell me. I want to know.
What's on your list?
*Here are lots of ideas for inspiration.