Monday, May 24, 2010

The Best Laid Plans.......

.............often go awry.
I started losing my voice on Friday afternoon. And when Aaron and I went to Disneyland on Friday night, by ourselves, I couldn't even scream on Big Thunder and Space Mountain. By Saturday it had morphed into full blown sickness with achy body and sore throat. So that day was complete loss. No blogging or any of the other projects I had big plans for.
I hate that.
On Sunday Aaron made sure I got in a nice nap and that helped. No more aches, just sore throat and no voice. And no catching up on my blogs. I hate that again.
Sometimes real life gets in the way.

I did manage to get to the Farmers Market.
O Farmers Market, how I have missed you. It has been weeks and I was determined to get there this Sunday.
I'm so glad I did. Fresh asparagus, cherries, baby arugula, corn for salads, my favorite varieties of squash, and finally, organic strawberries. I always have to wait awhile for those to put in an appearance. There will be some good eatin' this week.

Sunday afternoon, while Lilly took a long nap and the boys played together quietly, I worked on a little project for Blog Sugar. It was nice to be off the couch and sitting at my desk.
It is greatly inspired by these.
I had something entirely different in mind, but as is my way, I changed my mind at the last minute and came up with something more elaborate and difficult.
But cute! I love creating my own "brand identity".
I can't wait to show you the whole package.

Unlike my weekend of plans gone awry, Aaron worked his booty off this weekend. He put in another shelf in the kids' closet. It is lovely in there now. Let me tell you, 3 kids sharing 1 closet for all their toys and clothes, well, we need every shelf we can get.

His big project, though, was the wall. Our backyard is surrounded by these ugly, faded, cracked, brick walls. Along with painting the house, I thought we should paint the walls too. My dad, the painter, recommended stuccoing them first.
So Aaron did the one along our driveway yesterday.
Even the kids helped. (see more here)
He did the whole wall. I can't show you pictures because it was dark when he got done. And it still needs another coat and then paint. So it is only partly done. But, my, what a difference already.
Poor Aaron. I excel at coming up with ideas that mean more work for him.
And he is such a trooper, he just puts his shoulder to the wheel and gets started.

I rewarded him with one of his most favorite dinners.
Ratatouille.
While not very photogenic, it is absolutely delicious.
I know I need to give you the recipe, friends. But not tonight. I must sleep.
I'll owe you.
Happy Monday.
Love from,
Greta

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I just love weekends where I have some fun but get some stuff accomplished. Sounds like that happened to you.

I want that recipe for ratatouille. Never had it and would like to try!

And, chocolate chips on banana bread is the only way to go. Got that idea from my good friend, Nancy, at thegoatandthekid.

Have a great day and I'll see you at Blog Sugar!