Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crystal Cove Mini Break in Pictures

I like how the Brits call a short holiday a mini break.
I also like how they call a vacation a holiday.
I often like the language of the Brits.
But that is not really the point of this post.
The point is that Aaron and I took a mini break at the start of this week.
With many thanks to my parents for keeping the kids, we spent 2 lovely nights in a historic cottage in Crystal Cove.
It was quite brilliant.  (more Brit speak)
Of course I took a zillion photos.
I couldn't help myself.

There were some long walks on the beach--just us and the birds mostly.


And huge logs washed up on shore--roots and all.


The beach was lovely and wintery.  Deserted, windy and grey.
But I can't help looking for color.
Here's some of the red I found.
You know how I feel about red.
I fancy it.


Like these red chairs.



And my favorite sign in Corona Del Mar.




And this bike.




Perhaps the coolest bike in the history of mankind.




Yes, that's right.




An Alexander Girard bike.




I dream of a bike like this.
Maybe if I am really, really good I can get one for Christmas.
In like 25 years.
When we don't have to buy bikes for all these stinkin kids.



Until then, I dream.
Or maybe I can just get the bell?

Come back for more photos.  Maybe tomorrow.
Love from,
Greta

2 comments:

Lillian said...

We are so glad you had a great time....we had a great time as well.

farmgirl said...

I fancy the bike.
And the bell.
And the beach.
Maybe if I'm really persistent I, too, will manage to get a reservation at the Crystal Cove Cottages.
Like in 25 years!
So glad you had a wonderful mini-break!
Love, Cassie