Saturday, May 5, 2012

Photo a Day Challenge: April

We're home from camping.
I was longing to go again the very next day, as the kids and I unloaded the car of all our gear.
James said he was camping sick.
Me too.
I have a lot of pictures to share and stories to tell.
We were only gone for 4 days, but we crammed so much goodness into that short time that it felt like much, much longer.
That's the sign of a good trip, don't you think?

Amidst all the laundry and cleaning up, I haven't had much time to go through all the pictures and sort them into post ideas.
So I'm finishing up the Photo a Day Challenge for April.
I am really trying to stick with this project because I'd love to have a year's worth of pictures to print into a book at the end.
It will be a really fun treasure--if I can manage to keep up with it.
So far I have.
Here's more from April:

April 9, 2012
Younger You
I love this picture of my mom and I.
I think it was taken in Santa Barbara when I was just under a year.
Aren't those plaid pants great?
And that white sweater?
I have a thing for babies in sweaters.
Now I know where got that from.



April 10, 2012
Cold
Spring weather is so unpredictable.
I prefer warm days, but a few of these cloudy, blustery days
do feel very spring-like.
And then I'll take some more sun, please.



April 11, 2012
Where I ate breakfast


Enjoying a leisurely breakfast is high on my list of :
most favorite things to do in the world.
Unfortunately, my present life 
doesn't accommodate many leisurely breakfasts.
Every now and then, though, I do manage to sneak one in.
It usually means eating at 10, when the kids are having their mid-morning break.
I know I'm not supposed to eat breakfast at 10, 
but it's worth the wait for 15 minutes of quiet,
a hot cup of coffee, a comfy spot to sit and a new magazine to read.
I try not to mind too much that Lilly comes in every time and asks,
"can I have a bite of that?"




April 12, 2012
Stairs

A friend recently brought us this doll house.
It's an A-frame.  (squeal!)
It's got all sorts of wonderful mid-century design touches,
like the paint colors and the big stone fireplace.
The kids love it.
So do I.
Obviously.



April 12, 2012
Something I found
Our first blackberry!
It's not black yet, but a promise of things to come.
I'm hoping we have enough for jam this year.
Is there anything better than growing food in your own backyard?




April 14, 2012
How I feel today
That cold spring weather was hanging around.
Aaron and I went on a date and it was so cold and windy,
that I was sporting my uber stylish winter hat in the car.
I dress to impress on date nights, don't I?
Hey, sometimes you have to sacrifice looking good for feeling good.
Because a cold Greta is a cranky Greta.
And cranky Greta is no fun on date night.



April 15, 2012
Sunset
We went on a sunset hike at Bolsa Chica wetlands.
It was one of those times when I looked around at my family,
and my eyes grew wet with tears of happiness.
Wild mustard was blooming everywhere, birds were calling, 
bunnies hopped across the trail, and the setting sun made everything glow.
It was, to me, a little glimpse of heaven.








More April photos to come.
And then, I hope, camping pics!
Until then, enjoy the weekend.
Love from,
Greta

1 comment:

Betsi* said...

You were an adorable baby! I love babies in sweaters too...and plaid.
The photos of your sunset hike made me ache for a good family tramp out of doors. Such lovely photos!
Oh, and that dollhouse!!!