Saturday, October 3, 2009

From the Trip: Stop and Look

How often do you walk past a rose without stopping to smell it?
How often do you glimpse a purple sunset though the window but don't step outside to enjoy it?
How often do you hear the birds singing, and yet not hear them at all?
How often do you stop and look?

Oh, there is so much beauty we miss every day. Will you stop and look today?

A hummingbird stopping for a drink.
Fog rolling over the hillsides.
Tenacious little plants, making a home in the sand.

Rocks come to rest in a driftwood log.

A fuzzy, yellow caterpillar out for a stroll.

A break in the trees and the mist.
Footprints in the sand.
A tiny piece of sunshine.

"When through the woods, and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook and feel the gentle breeze

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!"

From the hymn, How Great Thou Art, which was based on a poem by Carl Gustav Boberg.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVING the rocks in the driftwood photograph. just lovely.

Greta said...

Thanks Jennifer! Compliments make me feel sooo good.
Really, they mean a lot.

Lillian said...

I have missed your blogs Greta. They keep you close. The pictures are beautiful and so are the words to the hymm How Great Thou Art. It was one of the songs we sang this week-end