Look who got her braces off!
One week ago, I spent 2.5 hours in the orthodontist chair. After they were off, they brought me balloons and sang "You Got Your Braces Off Today, Hurrah!" to the tune of The Ants Went Marching One By One.
It was slightly embarrassing.
I hadn't seen my teeth in 4 years. I've missed them.
I was so excited I scheduled a haircut for that night, and Aaron let me run off the minute he came home.
Short hair, no silver on my teeth--I felt like a new woman!
The next night we went to the fair and I took a turn in the photo booth, solo, to document this momentous occasion.
If you've had braces, you know what I'm talking about.
Since I am horribly behind on my lists, I decided this would be the perfect time to write
Here it it.
List # 9: The Things I Won't Miss About Braces
1. Waking up every morning with my lips stuck to my braces. I had to peel them off. No, I'm not joking.
2. Constant cuts on the inside of my lips because of the small people in my house who have no concept of the weapon like force of their heads.
3. Constant canker sores on the inside of my lips from said cuts, from said heads. 4 years of canker sores people! It is amazing I was ever nice to anyone.
4. Picking my teeth. Nuts, popcorn, salad, crab cakes, corn on the cob--just a few of the worst offenders.
5. Always wondering if my sore teeth were from cavities or the braces. It was always the braces.
6. Having to explain to everyone that I got braces because of my receding gums. That makes me feel like I am 80.
7. Kissing my husband with braces.
8. Telling my husband not to kiss me because my mouth/lips hurt too much.
9. Getting the bristles of my toothbrush stuck in my braces.
10. People saying, "you still have those on?" It's like saying, "you're still pregnant?"
The morning I was headed out to get the braces off, I was quite nervous. William made me a card of he and I holding hands to help me be brave.
he also told me, "I'm glad you're getting your braces off so you can look like a normal human again."
I'm hoping it was just the braces that made me look abnormal.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway in celebration of me no longer being a brace face. Go here.