Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creative Inspiration: Things to Buy and Make

I'm feeling a bit under the weather creatively speaking.
It's a combination of things working together to sap my creative energy.
Crazy heat = no baking.
Crazy diet = cooking is rather dull
Crazy heat = kids have a hard time sleeping = I'm a crazy tired lady
Crazy tired lady = no energy for creative projects
Crazy busy days and evenings with 4 little kids = not a lot of alone time for me at present

Taken individually, these things could easily be dealt with, but cumulatively, they're just a bit much.
For me, life feels stale if all I am doing is getting through the day, watching something on Netflix at night and starting it all over again the next day.
I need more than that.
Whenever I feel that my creative juices are running low, I look elsewhere for inspiration.
A half hour spent surfing the web helped a lot.
Here are a few of my favorite finds.
Maybe they'll inspire you too.

First up, this shop.
Take a look at their wares.  I love almost everything.
Creative ideas for decorating my home abound.
This mid century shelf is one of my favorites.
Design inspiration.


And while you are there, look at their prints page.
I fancy them all.  (it's a British shop, so a perfect time to use that phrase)


Speaking of prints, here is another one I am taken with.



You can see more art from the design team Bee Things, here
I love much of their work.
You can find lots more fabulous art from this site.
Artistic inspiration.


I am always on the lookout for creative projects I can do. (read, no sewing)
This one involves a vintage school desk, spray paint and the color orange.
Really, what more can I ask for?



Not that I have room for this, but it gets my mind going in the direction of, "what else can I spray paint.....?"
Makeover inspiration.
See post here.


And, since a big painting project can sometimes feel overwhelming, this little one has got me going too.
Spray painting soda bottles and their carrying case.
Turning them into perfect little vases.




Party decorations, gift for a friend, something for the kitchen windowsill, the possibilities are endless.
Re-purposing inspiration.
To see the original post, go here.


Ahhhh.  I feel better already.
And, wonder of wonders, I have some time to myself tomorrow afternoon. (well, little Davy will be with me)
I will try to resist the temptation to clean the house or run errands.
Perhaps all this creative inspiration will help me get out of my rut.
Maybe spray paint will be involved?


What's inspiring you these days?
Love from,
Greta

3 comments:

hennymats said...

Apart from certain blogs? ;) well i love the prints but i also got a pile of books for my birthday, two about photography (one of them being From Plate to Pixel, can't wait to try it!) plus Decorate (I'm probably the last person in blogland to read it...). So here's to inspiration!

Betsi* said...

Inspiring/hounding me is my crazy nesting desire to get the baby's nursery done! All these other kids keep distracting me though! Hehe ;)
Hope you get to enjoy a "crafternoon" tomorrow!

mandi said...

Oh mama! You are not alone in these daily struggles. And it CAN feel so overwhelming. Here are some virtual {{{hugs}}} for you. Things will even out soon, I just know it!
Thanks for all the pretties. You always find the loveliest things to share!