Thursday, August 4, 2011

Greta's Birthday Gift Guide Part 2: Packaging and Crafting

Things never go quite according to plan, do they?
The past 2 nights I have been so worn out from all the fun I've been having with the kids, that I have fallen asleep with them at 8.
Being up with 3 of the 4 kids at various points in the night hasn't helped my energy level either.
Thus my plans to blog, even easy blogging, haven't panned out.
Oh well.
Life goes on.

I had a fantastic birthday today.
I think the last fantastic birthday I remember was when I turned 25.
35 was right up there with 25.  Better even.
I can't wait to show you some of my treats.
But first, the rest of my Birthday Gift Guide.
Today's Post: Packaging and Crafting.

First up: stamps.
Remember in the early 90s, when stamping was big?
There were whole stores dedicated to stamping.
But the stamps were cheesy at best and ugly at worst.
We've come a long way.
These stamp sets from one of my favorite shops, Yellow Owl Workshop, prove it.

Besides what I'd like to create with this stamp set myself, I'd love to give these to my kids and see the art they'd create with them.
Pretty great, right?
 I just can't say no to a vespa.


I love attaching tags like this to gifts.
And how great to add a little more graphic element to the tag?
This stamp is simple and perfect.



Go here to see all their stamp sets. 
The Paris one is pretty great.  You're sure to see more that you'll like.
Before you know it you'll be donning a denim jumper and getting your stamp on!

Nest up: Baker's Twine.
I am so in love with baker's twine.
For tying up packages, stringing up garlands, tying on the tags I make with that tag stamp...the possibilities are endless.
A whole assortment of colors like this kit from Baker's Bling would be my dream come true.

I never said I was hard to please.
Just give me some turquoise baker's twine and I'll be a happy girl.
Go here for the twine.

Last but not least: tape.
Do you think much about tape?
If not, it's time to start.
There are so many cute tapes out there and you can find lots of them at this shop, Cute Tape.
Have you ever seen anything as cute at this gingham tape?  It beats scotch all to pieces.
And I especially love the Japanese tape.
Would you look at those pink stripes?
Yowza!
 
So, do you have any favorite supplies for packaging and crafting?
If so, do share.
And be sure to check in  soon (tomorrow, today, I can't say for sure, just check back) to see one of my most favorite jewelry designers.
Until then.
Love from,
Greta, who is now 1 year older

6 comments:

SiestaSister said...

You find the neatest things Greta!
Glad you had a great Birthday.

My granddaughter's first baby is due in a week and a half. I am sending her the link to your 2 blogs.

Laura said...

Glad to hear you had such a great birthday!
I adore everything in your birthday guides - so much fun & such great colors!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I want those city stamps. The kids would love them!

mandi said...

Happy happy birthday Greta!

You have stolen my heart by dedicating an entire post to office supplies! Don't even get me started about how much I love paper products and all the accessories that go along with them. I could go on and on about baker's twine and tape...and pens.

So glad your 35 was a great one!

mygirl said...

i love this post. i love all these things and the gingham tape, need it!

grey rose (they/them) said...

kindred spirit.

all of this is my fave!! i have a massive stamp/twine/washi tape addiction. fabulous package design gets me every. time.

Xo